Mitigating The Damage Of Sex Crime Charges
Sex crimes are prosecuted aggressively and the consequences of a conviction can be life-shattering. If convicted, you would face lengthy jail or prison time and require sex offender registry anywhere from 15 years to life.
Professional and dedicated legal defense from a skilled lawyer is critical. Do not speak to law enforcement officers, investigators or prosecutors without first speaking with the attorneys of Garton & Vogt. You have the right to remain silent; do not say anything.
Accomplished Defense Attorneys Protecting Your Rights
At Garton & Vogt, P.C., we are completely knowledgeable with police investigation techniques and the prosecution’s steps in building a case against our clients,. We have more than 25 years of criminal defense experience, and our firm possesses the tools, resources, and personal network necessary to handle all serious charges confronting you.
Sex crimes charges we have defended clients against include:
- Rape or criminal sexual conduct classified as assault
- Online sex crimes such as the solicitation of a minor
- Child pornography possession or distribution
- Molestation or abuse of a minor
- Failure to register or report a change of address as a sex offender
- Prostitution (providing services, patronizing or promoting)
- Sex trafficking
We are aggressive in defending our clients’ rights and reputations
Clinton Township Lawyer Representing People Charged With Criminal Sexual Conduct
Criminal sexual conduct (CSC) is defined by four different degrees in Michigan. There are several possible offenses that you could be accused of, and we are familiar with them all:
- First-degree CSC usually involves penetration and a number of other serious circumstances. CSC against someone of the same household or an incapacitated victim is prosecuted as felonies and punishable with up to life imprisonment.
- Second-degree CSC involves sexual contact as opposed to penetration under any of the same circumstances as first-degree CSC. It is prosecuted as a felony and punishable with up to 15 years of imprisonment.
- Third-degree CSC involves penetration in circumstances slightly less damaging than first-degree CSC. It is prosecuted as a felony and punishable with up to 15 years of imprisonment.
- Fourth-degree CSC involves sexual contact in circumstances slightly less damaging than second-degree CSC. It is prosecuted as a misdemeanor and punishable with up to two years of imprisonment and/or a fine of $500.
You do not have to wait for charges to be filed to benefit from our services. If you are under investigation, we will protect your rights and reputation. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we are able to begin preparing your defense.
We will defend you against false allegations, distortions, and witness manipulation.
Get Legal Counsel As Soon As Possible
Sex crime investigations, charges or allegations are serious and demand your immediate response. Garton & Vogt, P.C., is here for you.