Arthur A. Garton
- Criminal Law
Arthur (Art) A. Garton handles all matters of complex criminal law, family law, personal injury and business/civil litigation. He is one of two Macomb County attorneys who completed the National Criminal Defense College Trial Practice Institute. He regularly attends the Defense of Drunk Driving Seminars sponsored by the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He has also attended national seminars on Defending Allegations of Sexual Abuse.
Mr. Garton is a graduate of Detroit College of Law and has practiced in the State of Michigan for over twenty years. He received his B.A. from the American International College in 1974 and his M.A. from Central Michigan University in 1978. He also served in the United States Air Force from 1971 to 1975.
Mr. Garton is a member of the State Bar of Michigan where he has served on the Character and Fitness Committee. He is currently president of the Macomb County Bar Association. He is also a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Association of Trial Lawyers and the Michigan Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Garton received recognition as a Super Lawyer in 2007 and 2008. He is well-respected and recognized among his peers as an outstanding attorney.
- Detroit College of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 1985
- Central Michigan University
- M.A. - 1978
- Major: Business Management
- American International College, Springfield
- B.A. - 1974
- Major: Social Science
- Michigan, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1985
- Super Lawyer, 2007-2008
- United States Air Force, 1971 to 1975
- State Bar of Michigan, Character and Fitness Committee
- Macomb County Bar Association, President
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Michigan Association for Justice, Member